What did clodia metelli do?
As a widow, Clodia became known for taking several other lovers, including Marcus Caelius Rufus, Catullus’s friend. This particular affair caused an immense scandal. After the relationship with Caelius was over in 56 BC, Clodia publicly accused him of attempted poisoning.
What is the meaning of hail and farewell?
Hail and Farewell (a translation of ave atque vale, last words of the poem Catullus 101) is a traditional military event whereby those coming to and departing from an organization are celebrated. This celebration builds organizational camaraderie and esprit de corps. It supports a sense of continuity through change.
Is it hail and farewell or hale and farewell?
‘Ave Atque Vale’: “Hale And Farewell” No, “Hale” is not a typo. When Romans parted, the phrase often used was “ave atque vale”: hail and farewell. Sometimes it was offered casually, as a simple goodbye and be well. Other times it was expressed with great formality and pathos, as in Catullus’ famous poem to his brother.
How do you say bye in Navy?
“Fair winds and following seas” is a common phrase for those in the United States Navy, where it’s used to say farewell to those retiring or leaving for deployment.
What do soldiers say when they say bye?
see you laters
What to say to a great boss that is leaving?
Respectful Farewell Messages To Boss You Don’t Like
- Your new employees don’t know what they are about to experience.
- You accomplished many things in your time here.
- Thank you for being our leader.
- I thought I would be working for a boss.
- Thank you for your time and patience.
- The team is losing a little without you.
How do you say thank you on your last day of work?
The thank you message
- Usually, I recommend being specific when thanking someone.
- Thank you for all of your help and support
- Thank you for being great to work with.
- I am grateful to have worked with such a wonderful group of people.
- I appreciate the time you spent mentoring me and helping me to grow my skills.