What is the male version of a lady in waiting?
What is the meaning for Abigail?
Abigail is a female given name. The name comes from the Hebrew name אֲבִיגַיִל / אֲבִיגָיִל Avigail, meaning “my father’s joy” (alternatively “my father is exultation”, or “my father is joy”). It is also a surname.
What is a good nickname for Abby?
The most common nickname for Abigail is Abby. Other nicknames include Abbie, Ab, Abster, and Gail. Famous people with the name Abigail include actresses Abigail Breslin and Abbie Cornish.
How common is the name Abby?
Abby has reach the top 10 most popular girls name 2 times, and has reached the top hundred names 2 times. Abby has been used in the United States ever since 1880, with over 59946 girls given the name in the past 200 years. Abby gained the most popularity as a baby name in 2001, when it’s usage went up by 128.12%.
Is Abby a boy or girl name?
It’s a gender-neutral name but more often given to girls; for boys, it’s often a nickname for names like Abelardo or Abbott. While Abigail enjoys life from her Top 25 perch, Abby has a more modest baby-name ranking.
What rhymes with Abby?
What name rhymes with Abigail?
- 125 words rhyme with abigail.
- 41 One-Syllable Rhymes. ailalebaalbailbalebrailledalefailflailfrailgalegrailhailhalejailkalemailmalenailpailpalequailrailsailsalescaleshalesnailstaleswaletailtalethey’lltrailvailvaleveilwailwalewhaleyale.
- 68 Two-Syllable Rhymes.
- 16 Three-Syllable Rhymes.
What are rhyming names?
List of Rhyming First Names
- Aaron / Erin / Karen / Sharon.
- Adele / Belle / Darnell / Danielle / Giselle / Manuel / Marcel / Michelle / Miguel / Nell / Rachelle / Raquel.
- Andy / Brandy / Mandy / Randy / Sandy.
- Ann / Cheyenne / Dan / Fran / Jan / Luann / Nan / Roseann / Stan.
- Anna / Brianna / Hannah / Savanna.
- Annie / Danny / Fanny / Frannie / Manny.