What science word starts with U?
What things start with U?
- ugly (adjective)
- umbrella (noun)
- unable (adjective)
- under (preposition)
- under (adverb)
What is a science word that starts with M?
Words starting with M
- Macrofauna: Benthic animals larger than 1.0mm.
- Macrophytes: Large visible plants e.g. mangroves, seaweed, seagrasses.
- Macroplankton: Zooplanton of between 2cm and 20cm in size.
- Magma chamber: An accumulation of magma within the crust, that crystallises on cooling and forms coarse-grained rock.
What starts with J in science?
What is the most scientific word?
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis It’s a technical word referring to the lung disease more commonly known as silicosis. Despite being in the dictionary, the word was originally made up by the president of the National Puzzlers’ League.
What is a science word that starts with t?
Chemistry Definitions Starting With the Letter T
- tantalum – Tantalum is the name for the transition element with atomic number 73 and is represented by the symbol Ta.
- tautomer – Tautomers are organic compounds that are interconvertible by a chemical reaction called tautomerization.
What is a science word for K?
Kalium is the source of the symbol K for potassium on the periodic table. Kelvin effect (Thomson effect) – The Kelvin effect is the generation or absorption of heat when an electrical current is passed through a material.
What is a science word that starts with H?
What is a science word that starts with N?
Originally Answered: what are science words that begin with the letter n? Neptunium, Niobium, Nickel, Neodymium, Neutron, Neutralization, Nitronium Ion, Nitrogen, Nitration, Newton….
What is a science word that starts with B?
Study the word list: Common Scientific Words starting with B
|Balance||Equal distribution. *|
|biodegradable||Materials which are broken down by micro-organisms. *|
|blood||Carries oxygen and glucose to cells in the body. *|
|Bond||Holds atoms together. *|
|brine||Common salt when dissolved in water makes a solution known as brine. *|
What is a science word that starts with a?
Study the word list: Common Scientific Words starting with A
|absorb||To soak up or take in. *|
|antibiotic||Drugs which stop the growth of bacteria and fungi. NOT VIRUSES! *|
|antigen||Proteins on the surface of a cell. *|
|artery||A blood vessel which carries blood AWAY from the heart. *|
|atmosphere||Gases surrounding a planet. *|
What is a science word for P?
phosphorus – Phosphorus is the name for the nonmetal element with atomic number 15 and is represented by the symbol P.
What’s a science word that starts with F?
Science and technology
- Farad, a unit for electric capacitance.
- Faraday constant.
- Fluorine (symbol), a chemical element.
- Focal length of a lens. f-number (sometimes called f-ratio, f-stop, or written f/), the focal length divided by the aperture diameter.
- Form (botany)
- Form (zoology)
What is a science word that starts with F?
fluorine – Fluorine is the name for the halogen element with atomic number 9 and is represented by the symbol Fl.